No matter how innovative the idea and how good the business model, start-ups have to overcome many challenges before they can successfully position themselves in the market. Two important points are the start-up capital and the know-how regarding the legal and tax framework. Here, it is not only important to find the right financing and an experienced partner, but also one who understands the business model and has a correspondingly high affinity for digital topics.
As a law firm specialising in growth capital, technology and digital business models, TLC supports founders and their start-ups throughout the entire lifecycle, from founding, through various financing rounds, growth and internationalisation, to exit.
SPECIALISATION STARTUPS What we offer you
Specialised tax and legal advice for start-ups from a single source
- Formation: choice of company form, drafting of articles of association, participation agreements, participation of employees and management (ESOP/VSOP)
- Intellectual property: drafting of general terms and conditions and licence agreements
- Advice on trademark and copyright law and competition law & antitrust law: advice on data protection requirements, data protection declaration, DSGVO including appointment of a data protection officer
- IT Law: Software Licence Agreements and Social Media Law
- Regulatory and capital markets advice to fintechs: application for BaFin licences, blockchain technology, etc.
- Ongoing tax advice and tax-optimised structures
- Digital financial accounting and preparation of annual financial statements with corresponding evaluations of KPIs and support in investor reporting
- Advice on financing rounds and processing of pitch documents and investor reports
- Advice on financing models including advice on finding suitable investors
- Financing: Contract drafting and assistance in contract negotiations for venture capital, silent partnership, crowdfunding, mezzanine financing, small cap financing, ICOs, virtual employee participation (ESOP, virtual stocks and virtual shares), employee participation in the GmbH, shareholder loans
We advise founders and investors in the following areas
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Online marketing
- Websales / ecommerce
- IT service provider
Furthermore, we advise and accompany investors
(angels, ventures and strategic investors) in all phases from early stage to exit:
- Venture capital in investment agreements, due diligence reviews, preparation and support of the exit,
- Business valuation: carrying out business valuations of start-ups and advising in connection with financing rounds
What clients say about TLC
"As a fast growing SaaS-company we were looking for a new tax adviser who is able to assist our growth and enables us setting a stronger focus on our operating business than on administrative matters. Personality, availability of English speaking staff at all levels as well as experiences with SaaS companies and the membership within an international network were the main key points for our decision to engage TLC.
Besides standard services such as payroll accounting and the preparation of annual financial statements and tax returns, TLC assisted the internalisation of our financial bookkeeping by training bookkeeping skills and preparing an accounting manual.
When we were expanding to the US, TLC was advising on how to structure our transfer prices. It was a highly professional collaboration involving TLC as project lead, the Alliott Partner in New York and our HQ."
Centara Germany GmbH formerly BaseCase GmbH
AWARDS Awards, honors and certifications
Beste Steuerberater 2021
Beste Steuerberater 2019
International Advisory Experts Awards 2016
Winner Tax Award for Germany
ACQ Global Awards 2014
Professional Service Alliances of the Year 2014 Alliott Group
Corporate Tax Consulting Firm of the Year in Germany 2014
Alliott Group / Accountancy & Law Alliance of the Year in the Global Market
Kununu TOP Company
Kununu Open Company
International Advisory Awards 2016 Winner Tax Award for Germany